Monday, January 14, 2008

A little piece of heaven

Growing up I probably wouldn't have called La Grande heaven. Now that I'm all grown up and now my parent's live there with my extremely large extended family, in a way it is just that. Now I truly appreciate the fabulous beauty that is there and this Christmas we truly took advantage of all the snow on Fox Hill at my Fathers inheritance and created a sledding heaven complete with lots of family, four wheelers to take us back up to the top of the hill, A new little cabin my dad and his brothers and many others worked hard on this summer, so we could spend more time up in the snow. It was truly amazing and wonderful. These were pictures of just one day up there and doesn't even show all the amazing things and people that were there, but it will have to do and I love sharing all the beauty we got to experience this Christmas.


6 comments:

Cami said...

What a fabulous time.

Becky J. said...

Lori,
I just saw your comment and wish that you would come down to Utah this weekend! We're having a little reunion of sorts with all the people who are out here from Pendleton. It's actually the 6th one we've had, and they're always lots of fun. Alison Megehee and Aaron Sharp and others usually come, and I wish you could be here, too! But whenever it is that you do come down, if you're in Provo (or even Salt Lake) we would love to see you and you'll have to give me a call! (801) 717-5595. Looks like Christmas was so fun!

Jennifer said...

Looks great! I had so much fun with your kids and you have the photos to prove it.

Becky J. said...

That's so fun that you saw Chris Jennings! How's he doing? What has he been up to the past 10 years? I haven't seen that kid in seriously that long. The Sharps are all doing well. Aaron and his family live in the Salt Lake area and have 4 girls! They are all darling. And Nathan and his wife are in Virginia at school and have 2 kids. Mandy and Ryan are also both married, so I think the only one who isn't yet is Kristi. We see them from time to time and they're doing great. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion this summer? I went last summer to mine and was a little disappointed that there weren't too many there who I really wanted to see. I told Peter I really should just go to y'alls since there are so many of you I'd love to see again! Peter doesn't know if he'll make it, but he'd really like to be there. We would love it if you could come this weekend! Just tell your husband you have to come look for houses and jobs on Friday and come down! You can stay at my parent's house in Salt Lake; they'd have plenty of room for you! Come!

christa said...

Great pics Lori! I love the slide show, it felt so vintage. I'm glad you had a great Christmas.

Alison said...

Lori~

Hello from an old friend! I saw Becky today on a little "play date" with the kids and she was telling me all about you! If you can't tell we are both HUGE bloggers! Wish you could come to the P-town Party this weekend! It would be great to see ya--saw you bro and Shelly over xmas. Tate is a cutie! Feel free to come visit our blog at www.ourapplejack.blogspot.com